So I’m sharing them today.
I have a weak heart for matte lipsticks, so when I found out about these happening matte lipstick range from Indonesian (yes, this is local, people) beauty brand, I just have to get my lips on these shades.
Don’t know when PURBASARI, the brand, famously known for their ‘lulur mandi’ aka body scrub launched this matte lipstick range. But boy, am I glad they did. They have 10 shades available and since they’re so affordable (Rp 32.000 a pop), I decided to buy them all. Yes, they have nude to bold shades.
I just got them yesterday, and I can’t wait to show their swatches to you all, but I only manage to do two today, so bare with me. I promise to update their swatches on my instagram (@shintarosvita) throughout upcoming days.
Randomly, I picked #89 named JADE (pic above). Pink Coral shade, which reminds me of Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Retro Coral’.
And the next one #83, named PIRUS (pic below). Mauve shade, which similar to LA Splash ‘Love Good’.
- Great textures (velvety feel) and easily applied. FYI, I didn’t use lip liner for pics above.
- What you see on the tube is exactly what you get on the lips (intense color, me like!)
- It didn’t crack and last super long (but of course, need to reapply after a few drinks and eating session).
- In terms of packaging, well it’s not fancy that’s for sure. But I appreciate Purbasari’s effort to make them as simple as possible. Not fancy but didn’t look like their price.
- Make sure you twist the tube carefully, don’t push them too far as they’re slim and a bit fragile.
- Moisture your lips first, then blot excess lip balm with dry tissue, before applying to ensure their matte look.
- But if you do not have problem with dry cracked lips, just apply them straight from the tube to maximize their matte look.
- Want them to stay longer without exaggerate your lip lines? Instead of applying foundation on your lips before your lipstick, which might left them peeled later on due to dryness, try BB Cream. Seriously, I’ve personally tried this trick, and it worked like a charm.
- One swipe is enough, as they’re very intense. Make sure to blot.
Well, good luck of finding these matte lip colors, as they’re really hard to find (even they don’t provide any infos where to buy on their own website).
PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA