I screwed up. My skin was angry.
Not sure what I did, I didn’t over exfoliate, I didn’t try new products, I didn’t change my skincare routine. It certainly not caused by weather change, since I didn’t go on my winter holiday (thanks Covid).
Maybe, it was just one of those hyper-sensitive days? My skin was extra dry, dehydrated, sting, burn, red, basically all the bad things that can happen to one’s skin. It even went to my neck, and it was hard even to open my lips.
So how do I make my skin back in tact, in just 4 days? Here are my new healing routine (and I’m going to stick by it for awhile until it fully recovered)
HEALING AM ROUTINE
- Cleanse with cool water and gentle facial cleanser
- CSM with DIY’s Oat Water (soak cotton pads with it and leave them on for 10 mins max)
- Apply moisturizer with soothing purpose (aloe, propolis and allantoin are my go-to)
HEALING PM ROUTINE
- Cleanse with cool water and gentle facial cleanser (again with VANICREAM GENTLE FACIAL CLEANSER)
- Spread Hyaluronic Acid Serum evenly
- Spray with Thermal Water, and while still damp, go to next step
- It’s not slugging method, apply petrolatum jelly as thin as you can on damp skin (and only on problematic areas).
- Do not exfoliate at this damaging period. Also, watch out for hidden ingredients in your current skincare routine that might have exfoliating properties.
- Don’t use any face oils, occlusive like petrolatum is better to prevent TransEpidermal Water Loss.
- Never apply petrolatum jelly on active and fungal acne.
- Using petrolatum jelly on face is not pleasurable. Use it at night in a full AC room is preferable.
- Avoid any alcohol and actives.
- Avoid trying new skincare products at this time.
- Avoid sunscreen until fully healed, please stay indoor when you can.
- Stay at home until your skin healed, because wearing mask and makeup will aggravate the damaging condition.
PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA
You must be logged in to post a comment.