PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA
Need I say more?
Inspired by Pierre Hardy Summer 2013 shoes collection, NARS will release NARS Pierre Hardy Collection.
Six nail polish duos (they will be sold in pair), and two blushes (not shown in the above picture) will be available online at NARScosmetics.com on May 1.
On this April Fools’ Day, I’m going to share my Holy Grail when it comes to fool-proof makeup.
In my own term, fool-proof means practical yet it stands against Jakarta’s weather (which become more hot and humid these days).
In alphabetical order:
– Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo : as natural as real brows, I hate fake looking brows which created by some pencil.
– Bobbi Brown Concealer : it concealed well without cracking and works magically for that zit coverage.
– Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow : palette of fun, just mix and blend to create any looks I desired.
– Guerlain Meteorites Pearls : for that radiant finish which somehow made my makeup seem more natural.
– MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation : let me tell you a little secret: once a beauty brand PR from other brand which also carried cosmetics line, bought this without hesitation. Need I say more?
– Maybelline New York Volum’ Express One by One Mascara : the chubby tube and brush at it’s best. No clumps when applied, no smudges while sweating.
– NARS Satin Lip Pencil : it lines, it fills, it doesn’t crack, it stays on.
– The Body Shop All In One Blusher : no need to touch up during day time, as its’ extra fine powder blended well and stay there until you wipe it off.
Bored of your eye makeup? Take a hint from Thakoon Fall 2013 show.
Deep blue with shimmering gold glitter for the eyelids. Quite dreamy, but very refreshing.
NARS makeup artist, Diane Kendal, did this look for Thakoon which was a juxtaposition between winter and summer.
If you want to give this look a try for a perfect weekend night out, you might want to tone it down a level. Use a deep blue eyeshadow with a matte texture from lash line to the crease. Stay clear from using winged eyeliner, and tap a bit of gold eyeshadows with shimmer (instead of glitter) on the center of each lid. This will do that eye-catching trick.
Kicked off 2013 with family holiday. Fun in the sun, drugstores and beauty isles. Total bliss!
Went to Legoland Malaysia and short visit to Singapore with my boys. They came back with tans on their skin, and me? Still pale but happy with all the beauty products that I managed to get on such short trip.
Here they are:
– Maybelline New York Lashionista Mascara
– Bioderma Sensibio H2O
– Essence Lash & Brow Gel
– L’Oreal Color Riche Le Nail Art
– Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream
– Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Powder
– Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops
– Rachel K CC Cream
– Chanel CC Cream
– Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara
– Guerlain Meteorites Perles
– Shu Uemura Karl Lagerfeld Eyelash Curler
– Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
– Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner
– Essence Quatro Eyeshadow
– Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
– Essence Fix & Matte Translucent Loose Powder
– Essence Gel Eyeliner
Can’t wait to review them one by one. Stay tune.
BRINGING BACK THE 90’S
Courtesy of NARS and the one and only, Stella Tenant.
Bright and bold colors a la the 90’s will be back for Spring 2013. Be very prepared!
Never a better timing, no?
My first blog for 2013. I’m going to share my attempt for beauty revamp. This is not a beauty resolution, just a slightly different products changing.
So, what changed?
Powder Foundation to BB Cream
I used to love all the coverage that Powder Foundation gave me, but lately BB Cream feels a lot lighter. Not to mention, the final glowing result after BB Cream absorbed and adjusting to my skin, it’s fantastic. From now, I only use Powder Foundation only for special occasion, if I need more coverage.
My pick : KIEHL’S ACTIVELY CORRECTING & BEAUTIFYING BB CREAM (which will be launch this year in Indonesia-thanks for Kiehl’s Indonesia for letting me tried it before launching date).
Lipstick to Jumbo Lip Pencil
Or Lip Crayon or whatever they called it. I love how effortless it is to line and fill lipstick in the same time. No more wrong outline lips, especially if you’re bright lipstick fans like me.
My pick : NARS VELVET MATTE LIP PENCIL
Nail Polish to Nail Stickers
My hero when I’m too lazy to wait for ordinary nail polish to dry. Might be tacky for first timer, but when you got the hang of them, you’ll become a nail stickers master. Warning: it might chipped easily, but for me it’s perfect. I never put on nail polish for more than 3 days anyway, to avoid dullness and yellow looking nails.
My pick : OPI PURE LACQUER NAIL APPS
Loose Powder to Mineral Powder
Lately I’ve noticed redness around my nose. Ordinary loose powder won’t do the trick to reduce them, so I switched. Mineral powder, especially the ones created especially to reduce redness seem to work for me now. No retouching required and it doesn’t crack when I smile, so perfect!
My pick : CLINIQUE REDNESS SOLUTIONS INSTANT RELIEF MINERAL POWDER
WHAT TO DITCH & WHAT TO BUY 2013 – BEAUTY
As beauty trends come & go, just like happiness and sadness in our life.
Need to change for the better in 2013? Here are some beauty inspirations and products to start with.
1. To ditch : Red Lipstick – enough is enough.
To buy : Bright Pink Lipstick – because pink is the new red?
My pick : NARS Lipstick in Schiap.
2. To ditch : Black Eyeliner – as Twilight is (finally) over, bye bye black eyeliner.
To buy : Blue Eyeliner – go for navy is a safe bet for non darer.
My pick : MAC Technakohl Liner in Auto-de-blu.
3. To ditch : Dark Long Nails – it’s just too much.
To buy : Nude Nail Polish – looks natural and healthy.
My pick : OPI Nail Polish in Bubble Bath.
WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?
It’s a new oil that’s becoming the main ingredient for some beauty products nowadays.
Monoi Oil has become the latest natural phenomenon in beauty industry. It’s actually an infused perfume oil that is made by soaking the petals of Tiare Flower (which is the national flower of Tahiti) in a semi wax coconut oil. In ancient Tahitian language, Monoi means “scented oil”. Said to be soaked for 15 days and takes at least 15 unopened flowers to create just one litre of monoi oil, it is widely used by French Polynesians as hair and skin softener for generations. Rich in chemicals known as methyl salicylate which act as a skin soothing agent, no wonder this specific oil is one of a great way to moisturize your body and also your hair. We can also try the wonder of monoi oil through these 3 products.
TOO MANY COLLABS ….
So little time to choose. My goodness. From the dead to the still alive and very much kicking, from pop art to a cartoony character.
Out in November 2012, Karl Lagerfeld’s upcoming collaboration with Shu Uemura, which conceived after Karl got inspired from a stack of colorful eyeshadows. I love the mascot that he created, named Mon Shu Girl. So Kawaii.
25 years after Andy Warhol’s death, will also mark the launch of Nars Andy Warhol Collection. There’ll be 29 pieces in the whole collection (out in October and November) that capture the spirit of Andy and his many muses.
Former Vogue Paris Editor (my idol), Carine Roitfeld partnered with MAC. Expect to look exactly like her make up style, which constantly filled with smouldering smoky eyes and kohl being smudged around from the 21 pieces collection, out in September 2012.
Known for her upbeat London Fashion Week shows, filled with her rainbow hued designs, Scottish designer, Louise Gray created her new makeup collection collaborating with Topshop. Young and fun like her designs, this is the first time Topshop Makeup have done a designer collaborative range since it was launched 12 years ago. It has been launched on August 23, 2012.