PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA
SUSTAINABLE + HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR = ?
The Conscious Exclusive Collection at H&M.
This is what I called partying without guilt (in fashion terms). Made from more sustainable materials such as organic cotton, recycled polyester, recycled polyamide and Tencel, the collection will feature not only clothing but accessories for men and women.
Hollywood’s glitz and glam for the ladies & classic with a touch of rock and roll for the guys (I can imagine Johnny Depp rocking the fringe sleeves suit and look super awesome).
The Conscious Exclusive Collection will be available in around 140 H&M stores worldwide as well as online from April 4, 2013.
WELCOMING H&M BIG SISTER
Finally, the official look book of “& Other Stories” has hit the web.
Spring & Summer 2013 will never be the same again, now that H&M big sister “& Other Stories” is in the fashion world. The first ever luxury line consist of only ready to wear womenswear plus accessories and beauty products.
No pricing out yet, but considering they announced it as a luxury line and more refined senior (I’d prefer big sister, though) version of H&M, I guess they’ll be more expensive than H&M. Maybe same like COS (another brand which also belongs to H&M)?
Here are some of my favorites.
Coming soon in March 2013, Conscious Collection by H&M. Here’s to fashion for better tomorrow.
Part of H&M ongoing commitment to a more sustainable fashion future, this collection are made from Conscious material such as organic cotton (FYI, H&M is no 1 user of organic cotton worldwide), recycled polyester and Tencel.
Vanessa Paradis (actress, singer and ehm Johnny Depp’s ex) looked angelic as the face for this campaign. I love the warm lighting and the natural scenery sets for the video. The full Conscious Collection (including men, kids and babies), will be available in H&M stores worldwide and online from March 25, 2013.
BLAME IT ON THE RAIN
Time to rock those pretty warmies.
It’s officially rainy season in my hometown, Jakarta, Indonesia. And for us who live almost 365 days of summer, it’s time to pull out those warmies from the bottom of our clothes rack. Especially for those who work indoor, somehow the AC seems to be colder than ever.
But don’t just stick to plain old blazers *yawn. Be more creative to bring more cheerful feeling instead of being cloudy just like the weather outside. These are my top 5 warmies from the high streets brands:
1. Zara leather coat
2. Gap prints sweater
3. H&M knit cardigan
4. Topshop prints biker jacket
5. Mango lace jacket
OTHER THAN H&M?
H&M will be having a new more luxurious line called “& Other Stories”.
Spring 2013, seven stores in London, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Milan, Paris and Stockholm will be open. Offering women’s shoes, bags, accessories, beauty products and ready to wear created by their ateliers in Paris and Stockholm, they will have online boutique (soon) as well. Said to bring a more diverse collection from masculine tailoring to feminine chic, I wonder how expensive they’ll be comparing to C.O.S (another brand by H&M Group).
Anyway, while waiting for the brand to pop out, check out the video, capturing Lisa Butler (she’s a renowned make up artist) for the teaser of this exciting upcoming brand.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
1 T-SHIRT TWO WAYS
Who said you can’t wear T-shirt to the office?
Unless you’re forbidden to wear one by your boss, go for it!
Consider yourself lucky if you are actually allowed to wear casual clothing to the office. But, how casual is casual and how to look still representable by wearing your favorite T-shirt? Again, this is the power of mix and match.
Tips for Office Outfit:
– Casual is NOT careless. Don’t wear your old T-shirt that you use for sleeping attire. Go for more textured T-shirt (like the picture above), preferably in lace. Never mind the statement words on it, as long as they are not rude or bad words.
– Outerwear is a must. This is not the right time for your T-shirt to appear solo. However, you might need a more relaxed jacket to be its’ companion. Forget your formal blazer.
– Pencil skirt is better than any other skirt, as it looks more representable. To add more fun, use the printed one instead of just old boring black pencil skirt *yawn.
– Pick a structured bag to appear more formal when you do have to go out and meet some clients.
– Last but not least: the right shoes. Never ever use flats with pencil skirt. They are not match made in fashion heaven. Black ankle boots are always the safe and the best option.
You still need tips for Mall Outfit?
– Denim jacket is never wrong. You can wear it with everything and add coolness to the whole attire, even on your most casual days.
– A more laid back bag is a must have for mall outfit. You can’t go wrong with a bucket bag.
– Skinny printed pants will give the impression of longer legs, especially if you will wear your …
– Flats. Seriously, I feel sorry for them who (intentionally) wear high heels to the mall. Strut your stuff somewhere else, babes, as mall is NOT a runway. Even models wear sneakers on their off day.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
2 PRINT DRESSES FOR 2 NYE’S PARTY
We’re counting down to 2013 as I blog, have you decided what to wear?
It’s important to decide what you’ll be wearing, literally from head to toe for the New Year Eve’s Party. Here, I recommend a few styling tips to pick the right print dress & accessories for two NYE’s occasions. Either you’re hanging out with friends or spending it with your big family, you’ll look stylish and most importantly, comfortable.
PARTY WITH FRIENDS?
– Free your mind and pick a much more fun print dress for partying with your pals. Go shorter in sleeves or hem. It’s all about having fun.
– Same trick goes to accessories. Pick a long dangling gold earrings if you must, and get ready to shine. Stay away from bracelets, because they’ll get in a way while you’re partying. Trust me.
– Choose a smaller sling bag that will fit any important thing you need for the night, because you don’t want to party and clutching your bag all night.
– Ankle booties are the right walking companion for this occasion. They just look more hip and fun.
PARTY WITH BIG FAMILY?
– Stay classic. Choose smaller print for the dress and don’t go too mini. You don’t want your brother in-laws to stare, right?
– Stick to simple accessories with a ‘wow’ factor. A Chanel earrings will do that.
– Bring your simple clutch as well. You need something to hold on to when you’re in awkward family situation. LOL.
– Why bother using stilettos? But don’t just use any flats. Opt for leather instead of canvas with an extra style which will give you that stylish boost.
She’s a French actress and model. A Guess? girl in 1993 and one of the Victoria’s Secret Angel from 1998 to 2000. Latest seen in Rihanna’s music video “Te Amo”.
Laetitia Marie Laure Casta or simply known by us as Laetitia Casta, is back! This time around, for H&M’s Christmas lingerie campaign. Check out her images for the campaign with luxurious details underwear that sparkle.