As my skin is getting healed from fungal-acne, I am trying my best to stay out of any heavy makeup (read: full-coverage foundation). In fact, every Saturday and Sunday (read: non-working days), I try my best to go foundation free. If I need a rest from my working days, so should my skin.
To tell you the truth, I feel better without my foundation on nowadays. Not that I want to flaunt my better skin, but I feel like…if you don’t have anything much to cover, why bother? I used to pile on layers of concealers and foundations on my skin just to cover my uneven texture. But now I realized it was like pouring salt to the sea. Base can’t cover bumps and uneven skin. Great skin are the best base we could ever have, trust me.
These are my makeup routine before
These are my makeup routine now
- Face Powder by Lizzie Parra: this super light powder really sets foundation beautifully and effortlessly to a natural matte finish.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation: recommended by Simple Skincare Science for fungal acne sufferers. It doesn’t feel heavy on skin with a light coverage.
- Lakme 9 to 5 Pure Rouge Blusher: super intense blush, one dip is enough to cover one cheek. Because its’ long lasting power, I also use this as my eyeshadow.
- Etude House Curl Fix! Long Lash Mascara: not a cheap Korean mascara, for sure. But this really did what it claims, long and curl. I love the short wand, very easy to apply.
- Rollover Reaction Chunky! Lip & Cheek Crayon in Maccio: I left the liquid matte lipstick hype already, and opt for a subtle ones. I love this mid-toned pink shade and the creamy but not sticky texture (I skipped lip balm if I use this).
PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA
You must be logged in to post a comment.