As you probably know already, milia and syringoma are genetic. Both are harmless, yet aesthetically disturbing. Before 2022 ends, I did another ElectroCautery procedure (or shorten as Cauter) to get rid of them.
Did my first ElectroCautery back in 2018, you can check the post here.
Don’t panic if you google Syringoma and turns out they are actually tumors. They are mild and non-cancer ones. Similar to milia bumps, but they are not formed by oil glands. Instead, Syringoma are the result of over-productive sweat glands. Unfortunately, both can only be removed by professional procedures, and I choose ElectroCautery aka Cauter because I’ve done it before.
Since both are genetic, they might reappear after a few years, and in my case, they did after four years. I did my treatment at Beauty By Appointment again with the same steps applied. Clean the face, numb cream for 30 minutes and on with the Cauter. It wasn’t painful during the procedure, but after, your skin might felt sore (depending on your pain endurance level).
Do’s and Dont’s:
- Do not wash your face 6 hours after the treatment.
- Apply antibiotic cream on the wounds, twice a day on clean and dry skin. Do this consecutively for 5 days.
- Alternatively, you might compressed your skin before applying the antibiotic cream, with NaCl solution (great for treating burnt wounds).
- Use gentle facial cleanser with no active ingredients
- Do not apply any actives while your skin is healing, wait until the wounds are completely and naturally flaking off.
- Avoid any type of base makeup when the wounds are still wet.
How long did it take to heal? It might vary, depending on your skin ability. It took my skin 30 days to heal back in 2018 after the first procedure, see the photos here.
Unlike most people that did Cauter, who had black scabs that peeled off naturally when they dried, my wounds didn’t. Instead they turns red like acne marks without no scabs. No worries, I will do my skin update when my skin heals completely, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, here are the products that I used during skin healing after Cauter.
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5
- 0.9% Sodium Chloride as my CSM to compress
- Bioplacenton Gel
PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA
You must be logged in to post a comment.