There’s nothing worse than painful comedo extraction that left my face like tons of open wound.
Thanks to my super-sensitive skin, my skin will become red and looked worse painful comedo extraction. And yes, I do hate those traditional method when the therapist did cleansing, then straight to steaming only for a few minutes and start pricking, pressing and popping. I’m sure until today there’s still debate on “should you really pop up everything in facial treatment room?”
I am an anti-extraction. I don’t like the pain (it hurts like hell) and the after-math. But, things are done, and all I can do is to let my skin to calm down, soothe and heal them after all the aggressive treatment.
- Let them be for at least 6 hours after. Don’t touch, don’t pick, and avoid using makeup at all costs. Just go home straight after the treatment and sulk (LOL). Feel burned? Spray VICHY Mineralizing Thermal Water in between, and let it dry by itself.
- After 6 hours passed, do double cleanse. I use Bioderma Sensibio H2O first (with cotton pads), then Drunk Elephant Beste No 9 Jelly Cleanser after. Gently pat dry with soft, dry and clean towel.
- Skip toner. Instead, I use this DIY Oatmeal solution (chill them inside the fridge, because cold temperature might help to reduce redness, irritation and puffiness). Dampened the compressed sheet-mask inside the icy cold solution, put it on for about 20 minutes.
- Or if you don’t have time to make your own sheet mask, I do recommend BE PLAIN Bamboo Healing Mask. Infused in bamboo water, this will help to soothe and refresh. Keep it in the fridge, as cold stuff will help lessen the inflammation.
- While my skin is still damp, I apply APIEU Madecassoside Ampoule. You see Madecassoside is known as best solution for damaged skin from dryness. Pat gently to absorb then move on to next step.
- Serum. I use this AQULABO Vinyasa Calming Serum. As the name stated, it’s a calming serum to reduce stress on the skin after a horrible extraction.
- Don’t forget to (still) hydrate your skin. I personally love ISNTREE Hyaluronic Acid Water Essence, because it has been tested as a low irritation skin care product.
- Avene Tolerance Extreme Emulsion is the final step, just to make sure that on your skin’s most sensitive state, it will stay hydrated, soft and supple. Oh did I mention, this calm the redness too?
- When your skin feels inflamed with burning sensation after facial, you might want to consider drinking an Ibuprofen pill to ease any pain.
- Stay out of the sun, and keep cool (literally). Warm weather will worsen the burn sensation, so it’s best to stay indoor while healing and turn on that AC.
Remember that each of us human beings have different pain tolerance and healing level. While my skin took longer to heal all those scabs and back to their original state, yours might not. So again, I do recommend (again and again) to listen to your skins’ needs before you do any facial treatments.
PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA