Last week, still on Lebaran’s holiday (for some), I went to this museum, not knowing a lot of things.
Don’t be clueless like me, let me share you some things I’ve learned during my visit there to avoid any disappointments.
- Don’t bother using big tote bag. They only allowed small bag which can only fit your phone and wallet. Otherwise your big bag must be stored in their cloakroom.
- Don’t bother bringing your super hip mirrorless or DSLR camera. They only allowed you to shoot with your smart phone (bring a good one!). And no selfie sticks are allowed too!
- Wear summer clothing, as it can be hot inside (even with their AC on).
- Wear something plain if you’re planning to take lots of selfies, as the background are (obviously) dotted.
- Be patient. Security guards are annoying, especially on long queues.
- Hold your temptation to touch things aka don’t you dare touch anything. Don’t worry, you’ll be constantly remembered by the staffs (another annoying stuff).
- Wear shoes that can easily be take off, as some area forbid you to wear shoes.
- Act fast, and take photos faster. Some room only allowed 15 seconds.
- One session (two hours) can accommodate 800 people, so imagine having to share with them.
- Some lines will be closed at 6 pm and 7 pm, so arrange your time of arrival accordingly.
Here are some of the pics I’ve taken with my smartphone during my day at this museum.
THE INFINITY MIRRORED ROOM was the longest queue in this museum. It took me 45 minutes. Luckily, we are allowed to enter this room individually, even though only for 15 seconds.
Finally, on the 6th floor, you’d find THE OBLITERATION ROOM full of colorful sticker dots, sticked by previous museum visitors. They allowed you to stay in this room for 3 minutes (the longest in this museum), so take your time and lots of photos here. They will give you a sheet of those stickers, but if you didn’t use it, they’ll get it back. They didn’t allow you to stick the stickers on your body, by the way. So, just stick those stickers somewhere!
YAYOI KUSAMA LIFE IS THE HEART OF A RAINBOW will be available until September 9, 2018. Last words from me, buy ticket(s) online and ride online taxis there (or park across the building).
PHOTOS: SHINTA ROSVITA