As Soko Glam written, “The K-Beauty 10-Step is one of the most personalized and widely followed skin routines around the world.” A global phenomenon followed by many, including yours truly.
I have super sensitive skin with fungal acne on forehead, yes…I am a fungal acne warrior. So finding one product for each steps was kind of hard, but after a few trials, I’ve decided these 10 are the ones suited me best. Please remember that skincare is super personal, so what works for me might have not work for you.
Well, my version of 10 steps might not be all K-Beauty Brands, there are Japanese and European brand, too. Please scroll below for more.
- First cleanser to remove any makeup & impurities without tugging and rubbing, DHC Cleansing Oil. This is (however) my PM Skincare Routine. For AM, I jumped right to step number 2.
- Second cleanse with water cleanser. My current fave: Rosette Acne Cleansing Paste, a clay type of face wash with no artificial colors, oils and mineral oils (I purchased this in Tokyo, but I believe they’re now available in Singapore too).
- Exfoliate (I do this twice a week every Tuesday & Saturday) with Krave Beauty Kalelaluyaha. I was skeptical at first, knowing that I have super sensitive skin that might react worse after exfoliating, but seeing the final result after just one trial made me convinced. Tip: give it time to absorb (like about 30 minutes) before moving on to another step. Psssttt…I will review about this most-wanted skincare product separately.
- Toning with La Roche-Posay Serozinc. It contains Zinc Sulfate which specifically designed to target key signs of oily skin.
- Then, move on to double tone with Natural Pacific Real Floral Toner Calendula, just because it looks beautiful on my vanity. Just kidding, it seriously minimize skin irritation and left my skin felt so clean.
- Hydrating with Hadalabo Gokujyun Ultimate Moisturising Light Lotion. No wonder they claim this product sold every two seconds in Japan (where they came from). It is that good, seriously. Currently doing 3 out of 7 toners skin method, but will increase soon. Tip: keep on tapping to make it less tacky and easily absorb.
- Moving on to Ampoule. My favorite is Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule. Knowing that my skin can tolerate propolis (some people might not be), I believe this made my skin look more radiant and glowing. Perfect for under makeup as well, I treated this like a primer (AM Skincare Routine).
- I took my eye care seriously, so I never skipped on eye cream. This is my current fave (found it in one of Tokyo’s drugstore). Oops the brand is in Japanese, so yeah let’s just call this Whitening Eye Cream.
- For red and ‘angry’ spots, Dear Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream will work like a charm. But if I haven’t got any, I’ll skip this step.
- Last step of my skincare routine for AM is definitely sun protection using Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+/PA++++. It’s super waterproof, perfect for me because I sweat easily.
If you think I spent hours doing these steps everyday, you are wrong. Except when I exfoliate, I spend 10 minutes (max) only. Anyway, I believe #selflove is super important, so even though I do hold on tight to “time is money” policy, watching your skin improving every step of the way is priceless. Who’s with me?
PHOTO: SHINTA ROSVITA
You must be logged in to post a comment.