BECAUSE YOU DON’T WANT TO COMPETE WITH THE CHRISTMAS TREE
The secret to a successful Christmas Party Dress is to keep it as humble as possible, as polite as possible but still as stunning as you can be. Read on.
For those of you who always feel pressured to pick the right Christmas Party Dress, don’t be. Yes, there are lots of choices out there, but here’s how:
– Details : Asymmetric line will give a modern touch to the whole look.
– Fabrics : Stay out of cotton which screams b.o.r.i.n.g. Instead, opt for lace, chiffon, silk or anything in between that say c.o.u.t.u.r.e.
– Colors : Black is fine if you’re comfortable with the slimming effect, but try another color for the sake of Christmas. The latest color, teal, will also give similar slimming effect plus a lady like look. Or go for metallic, it is time to shine subtly.
– Length : Keep yourself free of stares for wearing mini dress. Especially, if you have to visit older (read: parents or in-laws) relatives. Knee length is the best choice, anyway, it’s easier to sit without having to pull your dress all night (it’s not a nice gesture, ladies).
– Fit : Put a rest on your body-con dress. This is not the right time to put it on. Loose dress is also a big no-no’s, as you might look sloppy and unprepared. Choose a fit to your body dress, which will give a sophisticated look, and still comfortable to wear. Remember all those Christmas menus that we have to consume later, though.
Check out my personal picks from net-a-porter.