GIRLS WILL BE GIRLS

Having two sons mean no playing around with mommy’s makeup. But I imagine my friends who have daughters, and they play around with their mother’s stuffs. One that worries me the most, are nail polishes. Seriously, are they safe for your girls? Allure magazine once reported that adult nail polishes may contain things such as formaldehyde and pthalates which are toxic if they’re ingested. Imagine if they sucks their fingers and eat it. Even ABC news reported that there are toxins trio in some nail polishes. Toluene can irritate eyes, throat, lungs, damage the nervous system and potentially harm an unborn child. Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) can also cause reproductive harm. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen. Ouch, real ouch. Luckily there are such nail polishes that proclaimed as non toxic, odorless and kid friendly. You can also consider choosing a water based formula for your girls or for you nail biters. Just don’t expect them to last like your gel color nail polish. 

Advertisements